Over the last two weeks I’ve been working on installing the trim in the house. The first few days nearly broke me, but once I remembered what I was doing it all started coming together. It took me a good six days to install just the baseboard, window casing, shoe mold, and wainscoting. But it’s starting to come together and I’m very excited to get this house finished!
My original plan for the bathroom was to paint the plastic tile that was on the wall with the Rustoleum tile paint. I did it, and it looked horrible. I also painted the shower surround with the same paint, and I also think it looks horrible, but at this point I’m not going to fix it. For the wall tile though I decided to cover it all up with some wainscoting. I decided to go with a primed wide plank mdf shiplap and install it horizontally. I still need to fill the nail holes and paint it, but it looks a lot better than the painted wall tile!
Tony also started installing the kitchen cabinets. There were a few hiccups with the cabinets, but Tony managed to solve all the problems. This is going to be the best room in the house, I’m so happy with how the kitchen is turning out!
Next week I’d like to finish all the trim. That means filling nail holes, caulking, and painting all the trim and doors. Then I’ll need to touch up some of the wall paint. I’m planning on starting showings to prospective tenants on Sunday, so that means cleaning the house up and making it presentable. The kitchen and bathroom won’t be totally finished, but that will at least give us a few weeks to finalize a tenant.
Week 1 – Demolition Week 2 – Laundry room plumbing Week 3 – Wall removal Week 4 – Prep for painting Week 5 – More demo and some flooring Weeks 6 & 7 Electrical and plumbing upgrades Week 8 – Drywall Week 9 – Paint Week 10 – Flooring Week 11 – Exterior
- Week 12 – Trim and closets
- Week 13 – Kitchen and bathroom
Leave a Reply