I am still working on finishing up the trim in the house, but in the meantime Tony has been making a lot of progress on the kitchen and the bathroom. I will just post the pictures because I’m too tired to explain much more than that. It’s been a huge change already since we started the renovation, and we are getting so close to being done!
We had an open house this afternoon. I posted a rental ad and got a lot of great response with people saying they would come to the open house. So we spent a couple hours vacuuming the dust, cleaning the windows, mopping the floors, putting away the tools and supplies. The house looked amazing…and nobody showed up. It’s a little disappointing, but that’s the way it goes right? I’m not giving up, I have no doubt we’ll find a great tenant.
The final list!
I know it looks very close to being done, but I went through the house today and made the final list with all the last items. This is what still needs to be done:
- Install kitchen cabinets doors
- Kitchen cabinet knobs
- Tile and grout the back splash
- Finish the kitchen window frame and trim
- Install microwave
- Paint the kitchen kick
- Buy and install door stops
- Caulk the rest of the trim
- Paint all trim and doors one more coat
- Install kitchen crown molding
- Two kitchen lights
- Two outdoor lights
- Trim around return air vent
- Install kitchen sink and faucet
- Bring and install dryer
- Cabinet and doors in the laundry room
- Hall closet shelves
- Closet rods
- Make electrical panel cabinet
- Bathroom sink and faucet
- Paint the bathroom paneling
Week 1 – Demolition Week 2 – Laundry room plumbing Week 3 – Wall removal Week 4 – Prep for painting Week 5 – More demo and some flooring Weeks 6 & 7 Electrical and plumbing upgrades Week 8 – Drywall Week 9 – Paint Week 10 – Flooring Week 11 – Exterior Weeks 12 & 13 – Trim and closets
- Week 14 – Kitchen and bathroom progress
- Week 15: Kitchen back splash
Brittany H says
Its coming along! Just keep on pushing. The last bits always seem the hardest for us.
Gail VanderVeen says
Wowzers! I love what you’ve done to this house. It looks so clean and bright. It’s going to be a great place to live and it’s close to so many amenities and still on a quiet street! You have such talent, Jess.