We have officially owned our new house for a week! I was pretty anxious to get in there and start the rental house renovation. The main things we wanted to take out were the carpet, the trim, the cabinets, the wallpaper, and the wall between the kitchen and living room. In the first week I’d say I’m about 1/3 done with the demolition. There’s still a lot to do, but a good chunk is done already
The carpet in the living room was pretty dirty and quite stinky. It felt really good to rip up the carpet and underpad and get it out of the house.
I also took down that half wall that was right behind the front door.
We still want to take down the centre wall, but we’re going to get our contractor in there first before we start tearing it down.
I didn’t actually do much in the storage room, other than remove the rug and start to take down some of the shelves.
It felt so good to take the carpet out of the bathroom! Underneath I found this linoluem, so that will also have to come up. The kids peeled off the wallpaper, which came off pretty easily in here.
And finally are the two bedrooms. We took out the carpet and the kids started removing the wallpaper.
That’s pretty much it for week 1 of our rental house renovation! It already looks and smells so much better in the house without all the carpet in there.
Next week we are getting a plumber in to move the washing machine from the kitchen to the storage room. Since it’s a slab on grade foundation, they have to dig down four feet to install new pipe. It’s going to be messy, but I’m so looking forward to this! I think this will be a huge improvement to the house