Going upstairs from the split-entry were the kitchen, living, and dining areas.
These areas were all open concept with a vaulted ceiling. We loved the big windows and the open concept – the house felt very big and bright.
We didn’t make any changes to these spaces other than a bit of paint in the living room.
The first bedroom was Nathan’s. I painted those stripes using frog tape. We got his bed off kijiji and Tony painted it using his sprayer and lime green semi-gloss paint.
I also painted wall stripes in Mackenzie’s room on one wall. I used a LOT of frog tape for this, three different colours of purple paint, and some white paint. This was my favourite project in this house – I loved the colours and was very happy with how crisp the stripes were using the frog tape.
We had big plans for the master bedroom to add crown moulding and some more lighting, but we didn’t get to any of that.
The main bathroom had a cheater door to the master bedroom. It was a fairly big bathroom, but the layout was a little awkward and sometimes it felt pretty crowded.
The downstairs pictures of our second house can be found here.
Free Home Building Worksheet
Subscribe for a custom worksheet for your new construction.